Body Fitness Camp – It isn’t easy to start a new diet and exercise plan, especially when you don’t know where to begin and there is so much conflicting information on the ‘best way’ to achieve results.
I’m here to tell you that there is not just one way to achieve results when it comes to being healthy and fit. We are all unique individuals – with different genes that affect our metabolisms and body types, different schedules and lifestyles that affect our ability to dedicate as many hours as we wish to our workout routine, and different ideas of what ‘healthy’ and ‘fit’ means to us.
However, there are some basic guidelines that every person no matter what fitness level or body type, can follow to improve their body in 30 days with minimal efforts:
1) DRINK MORE WATER. The cells in our body are made up of mostly water…so, when our cells are ‘happy’ and hydrated, then our entire body is ‘happy’ and is able to function at it’s best. Aim for ½ of your bodyweight in ounces each day (if I weigh 200 lbs., I need a minimum of 100 oz. of water per day).
2) GET MORE SLEEP. Sleep is THE easiest task to perform all day YET the most important factor for our body’s survival, besides hydration. Get 7 to 9 hours of quality sleep each night.
3) MOVE MORE. The more you move your body, the more calories you burn and the less body fat you will store. If you aren’t already exercising, begin with just 1 or 2 days of light activity and work your way up each week.
4) EAT BREAKFAST. This meal will kick start your day with plenty of fuel to function at your highest level. Skipping breakfast will lead to cravings and over eating later in the day when you are less active.
5) EAT WHOLE FOODS. Can’t pronounce an ingredient in your food? Then, you probably shouldn’t be eating it. Only eat it if you can pick it, kill it, or grow it!
6) CHOOSE ORGANIC. There is a reason for the rise in organic products. Consumers are beginning to realize the long-term harmful and fatal effects of these lab created ingredients, including but not limited to, cancer, food allergies and uncontrollable obesity.
7) TAKE YOUR VITAMINS. It is IMPOSSIBLE to obtain all the nutrients we need from foods alone. IMPOSSIBLE. If your body is deficient in a certain vitamin or mineral, you will not operate at your fullest potential, and over time, it could lead to more serious illnesses, diseases, and an overall lower quality of life.
If you begin to be conscious of these simple and natural behaviors daily, and you make SMALL changes each week, you will be on your way to BIG success towards living an achievable, maintainable, active and healthy lifestyle. You don’t have to spend hours in the gym and be on a deprived diet the rest of your life, but you do have to be aware of your choices and habits each day to achieve the highest quality of life possible for yourself.
*Remember –nothing changes if nothing changes!