https://www.liveinfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/bench-at-park.jpg 427 640 alenise https://www.liveinfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/front-page-logo.jpg alenise2015-11-12 12:39:252019-09-20 03:41:467 Amazing Weight Loss Benefits Of Meditation
7 Amazing Weight Loss Benefits Of Meditation
Sometimes it seems, that at the least opportune time, life has a way of quickly turning sunshine to clouds, dampening the mood of the most optimistic. That sometimes for me is right now, so I figured this would be a good time to share.
It’s 50 days until the end of year and you may be no where near your weight loss goals or any goals being accomplished for that matter. But I have discovered that your attitude determines your altitude, and I refuse to not be an overcomer — you should too.
The focus should be on winning, garnering the willpower to press through. We can’t conform to our circumstance no matter what the scale, doctors report or external force screams to us.
At Live in Fitness, they teach that daily meditation (and don’t go spooky on me) is an essential tool to keeping your life under control and moving forward, even at a snail’s pace. You don’t have to do anything profound, but once you (as my grandmother would say) “think yourself happy,” you’ll be surprised at the incredible benefits you will receive. Don’t believe me? Try it. Here are a few benefits that I found transpired after I put daily meditation into action.
1. Wake Up Alert – When you meditate you are able to sleep better, and when you sleep better, you wake up more alert and aware. Meditating forces the body and mind to rest so that even if you sleep fewer hours, you are still able to jump up with a more refreshing start to your day.
2. Positive Self Worth – Maybe your priorities, desires and passions are starting to consume you. Meditation helps you define and focus on what you value most. Only you can be happy with you. I always quote to myself “whatever state I’m in, I am content.” Meditation will help stop you from looking for fulfillment from the outside and look within.
3. Develop Patience – Good things come to those who wait. Meditation forces anxiety and worry over health, weight loss goals, image, etc. to give way to the acceptance of the process. There is value in taking things slowly. Nothing fast and easy is permanent.
4. Produce Efficiency – When you are focused, calm and collected, you get more things done in less time. Consistency is key to everything, but you can’t be consistent if you aren’t efficient. When you know your goals, are well rested, have a reasonable plan and process in place to achieve them, it helps you become efficient without tiring out easily.
5. Lower Anxiety – Most times we are anxious because we are scared to take risks and no longer trust ourselves, even to the point of becoming paranoid of what people around us will think. Meditation helps remove these barriers. It gets you in touch with the moment, removing uncertainty. Meditation paces you and filters out all the negative messages that come from your brain, which are often influenced by external forces. It causes you to ignore the dread of failure.
6. Remove Indecisiveness – Another quote I say to myself all the time is “a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.” Meditation is clarity of thought. When you slow down, then stop completely, and focus on the matter calmly, you can make more reasonable decisions quickly, and not based off your circumstance or situation.
7. Foster Better Choices – When you begin to give yourself space and time to think more, you logically find solutions. Those solutions often lead you to make better choices. You will find yourself giving up excessive drinking, smoking, binge eating, drug use and other habits that might be detrimental to a healthy lifestyle. Also those better choices won’t alienate you from others but draw people closer to you to learn from your strengths.
By practicing meditation, you will not only develop the mind of a winner, but keep on overcoming. To learn this and other healthy lifestyle changes through diet, nutrition, mental health and exercise contact us about coming to our weight loss retreat camp. Live In Fitness is offering amazing deals just in time for the end of the year, starting at $1395 per week. Call 877-602-4863 or visit our enrollment page.
By: A. Lenise
Video Of The Day – Corrective Stretching
Recipe Of The Day – Crab Cakes – Cooking With Andi