Paulette lost 14.2 lbs at livein fitness

[av_one_half first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-2j6wjsa’]
[av_slideshow size=’medium’ animation=’slide’ conditional_play=” autoplay=’false’ interval=’5′ control_layout=’av-control-default’ av_uid=’av-k07q4yqm’]
[av_slide slide_type=’image’ id=’18348′ video=’https://’ mobile_image=” fallback_link=’http://’ video_ratio=’16:9′ title=” link_apply=” link=’lightbox’ link_target=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-14blc5m’][/av_slide]

[/av_slideshow]
[/av_one_half]

[av_one_half min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-1oxo0ju’]
[av_slideshow size=’medium’ animation=’slide’ conditional_play=” autoplay=’false’ interval=’5′ control_layout=’av-control-default’ av_uid=’av-k07q5n86′]
[av_slide slide_type=’image’ id=’18347′ video=’https://’ mobile_image=” fallback_link=’http://’ video_ratio=’16:9′ title=” link_apply=” link=’lightbox’ link_target=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-o2a3ca’][/av_slide]

[/av_slideshow]
[/av_one_half]

[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-wblyui’ id=” custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]

Paulette lost 14.2 lbs in her first week at LIFE….

Amazing Results- Paulette lost 14.2 lbs in her first week at LIFE….

Paulette was born in San Bernardino, grew up in Rochester, NY and currently lives near Orlando Florida.

Paulette has worked with and for older adults her entire career. For 21 years she worked in a nursing home first as a recreation therapist, then as a Director of adult day services. She became a national consultant helping communities develop adult day centers. Consulting all over the USA, Cairo & Egypt. She was recruited for work with the Winter Park Health Foundation in 1995. She worked there until 2003 when she had a stroke following foot surgery.  Paulette has been heavy her entire life Her stroke resulted in partial blindness, some balance and cognitive issues. She gained over 30 lbs, making her feel limited with signs of depression and anxiety. She was unable to work and her work was the major part of her life for a long time.

Struggling with loss of mobility and accepting her new normal she lost her purpose..  She tried Weight Watchers and lost 30 LBs, then hit a plateau. Fearful of falling off the wagon she knew she needed an immersive program. One that provided a total environment of an excellent food program, education, and work out classes. She found this at Live-in-Fitness.  A program that was adaptable with modifications specific for her. She knew this would be hard, but for Paulette there was no other alternative. She will be 76 next week so it’s now or never.

When asked about the program at LIFE?

My progress thus far has been amazing. Lost 14.2 lbs the first week. A lot of work and best of all the coaches always give me alternatives with recognition of my challenges. I know this won’t happen every week, but it sure feels good. Having all my meals prepared, portion controlled and delicious is so very important.  The education and working on my Power of Four is incredibly well planned and executed. Yes there is pain, but I know this means I am working hard. The campus is great & spaced out so we get more steps in. I enjoy that everything is clean too.

What do I like best? 

The classes and lectures are great and I really love aqua aerobics. Wish it was everyday. I am free in the water. Clients are terrific. We all try to help each other. Best of all are the staff and all are great. Zach is my coach. What a blessing he is for me. Helps me want to do more and more without being pushy. I was a little worried of attempting a program like this at my age. But the client “young’uns”  And all of the coaches and staff help me realize I can do this. Much appreciation for the kitchen team. Food is tasty and nutritious and I’m learning how to portion control as well as getting some great ideas for going home.

LIFE is giving me back my self confidence and determination for this not to end here.

This is the beginning of the rest of my life as a healthier older adult. Kudos to Eric and all the staff, and the clients. Blessings to you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Paulette Geller

[/av_textblock]

[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-k0ytkteq’ id=” custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]

Learning Balance

[/av_textblock]

[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-k0yt8xhk’ id=” custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Life Transitions

Speaking of life changes, some of them are so big and scary that they definitely have the power to throw you violently out of balance…so much so that they are a legitimate threat to your weight loss and fitness success.  These include:

• Starting a new job
  • Losing a job
  • Beginning or finishing college
  • Starting a family
  • Losing a loved one

These are the scariest monsters around the corner.  These are the things that you may or may not see coming but almost always underestimate how dangerous they are.  Below are some handy weapons to have in your arsenal when faced with these transitions.

These are the most common examples of serious life transitions, but sometimes things happen to us that are totally unexpected, seriously challenging us to maintain our attitude, balance, and direction.  Like…say…your whole business literally burning down.

Trial By Fire

Having a balanced life is extremely important to long-term success, specifically having the right people around you who will encourage, support, and inspire you…even the people who are tough and honest with you, not in a cruel way, but because they genuinely care about you and want you to succeed.  I am extremely fortunate to have great people around me who do all of those things. My good fortune starts with my family.

My father was an amazing natural athlete who has a deep passion for sports.  I definitely got my passion from him. My mother is a tough but super-caring woman who guided me to be complete.  She was constantly encouraging me, even to the point where she would tell me that there was nothing I couldn’t do.  She would even make me say it out loud several times. She taught me to visualize my success, telling me that I was born to do something special with my life.  These words always included “I love you” somewhere in there. But the words, although powerful, paled in comparison to the example she set.

My mom overcame many obstacles but never let them get in the way of being successful.  Her mother mistreated her and her first marriage to my dad was a disaster, but there was nothing she wouldn’t sacrifice for my brother and me.    She worked incredibly hard, holding down two jobs to put us in catholic school; she went without meals so that we didn’t have to, and the whole time she pretended we had money when we didn’t⎯my brother and I never went without.

She married George, my stepfather, and he brought a whole new element to the family.  George was a very serious guy who treated me as his birth son⎯like my mother, he wanted me to be the best I could be.  He encouraged, pushed, educated, inspired, and like my mother, he was a great role model. He was a hard worker who was in charge of a big branch of his business.  We would talk about business often. He would give me scenarios and use them as teaching tools. He made sure that we grew up knowing about business.

My brother was another great role model and inspiration.  Ever since we were little kids, he always looked out for me.  On one of my birthdays he traded all of his baseball cards for Star Wars toys for me.  That might not have been the best business decision, but a great example of selflessness.  I don’t even want to think what those cards would be worth today.  

Because my family was there for me and showed me work ethic, character, selflessness, determination, and love, my chance of success later in life was already good.  But still, like any endeavor, challenges and obstacles will always be there, and anything worth having is never easy to get.

When I started the company in 1997, all I had was a rucksack and a dumbbell.  I loved sports and fitness but didn’t know how I could make a living and grow a business.  I took my experience from college athletics, personal training, boot camp, and economics and created the first boot camp in Los Angeles.  They’re very popular now, but at the time, nothing like this existed. It started out as this intense, camouflage-wearing, boot camp, but it became apparent quickly that it was far too difficult⎯only 4 or 5 out of 22 people would graduate.  Granted, the graduates were in the best shape of their lives, but for most it was way too hardcore.

Still, the business grew.  I put every dime back into equipment and advertising, and fortunately that worked for a while.  The big moment was when I realized that for people to have true success, there has to be more than fitness.  We had to deal with the whole person. This meant performing behavioral, nutrition, and fitness assessments, providing the food that the clients ate, and most importantly, getting them out of their current destructive environment, and into a supportive one.  It was expensive to provide all of these services and expensive for the attendees. Many naysayers said the cost was prohibitive, but when you get life-changing results, the cost is irrelevant.

One minute everything was going better than I could have imagined.  My business had grown into an exclusive club with celebrity clientele, appearances on national television programs, and features in magazines.  Sarah was pregnant with our second child. I had great friends and a spiritual connection to my work and family. I really thought I’d made it. Then one day, after an appearance on the Dr. Phil Show, I was high as I could be…until I got the call.

The call was from one of my employees, frantically telling me to get down to the business right away.  Sarah insisted on going with me, so of course we had to bring our two-year-old son. When we got there, my building was engulfed in flames.  As I held my son in my arms, he was excited to see the firemen at work and kept pointing to the fire trucks and firefighters. I held him closer, trying to hold in my tears.  I thought back to my feelings driving home from the Dr. Phil Show. I wasn’t feeling very successful now.

The next day, as I walked through the rubble trying to find anything that could be retrieved, I called my insurance company and learned that I was not completely covered.  I had delegated the purchasing of insurance to my assistant, who had bought the wrong type of coverage. I was insured on every level, except the contents inside. Now I had nothing.

Though I was down, I wasn’t defeated.  I found myself gaining strength as I comforted my employees, Sarah, and everyone directly affected by the fire.  That afternoon I sat down in a Starbucks across the street from where my business had been and started to make phone calls, trying to book clients for the fitness club I told people would be up and running in a few weeks.  Within days I had booked $40,000 in business.

As I began to look for a new location, people offered assistance in many different ways.  At times like these, you find out who your friends are; some people I thought were friends turned away during the crisis, but many others emerged to offer aid and comfort. 

Beside finding out who my real friends were, the fire turned out to be a blessing in disguise in another way⎯it made me examine my business and ultimately led me to a new, better way to help people.  Instead of doing business as I had in the past, I envisioned a way to help people on a global level – an A to Z, one-stop shop where people would fly in from all over the world, and I would provide services to address the total person: body, mind, and emotions.

Some friends and acquaintances told me that people would never travel from across the globe and spend the money to stay at a place where they’d work out all day and meet with nutritionists, life coaches and therapists.  At that point, such a business model had never been attempted. But I had a vision of what I wanted to create and forged ahead. I knew I needed to keep helping people, and I realized this was the best way for me to do it. 

While I feel grateful that my vision proved true, I’ve learned to remain open and remember the importance of having balance and higher purpose.  These are the things that kept (and still keep) me on the right path…and not afraid to fail or succeed.
[/av_textblock]

[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-k0ytda1i’ id=” custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]

Recipe of the Week

[/av_textblock]

[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-k0ytbi1s’ id=” custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Chicken Spaghetti Squash

Prep: 15 min; Cook: 20 min; Ready In: 35 min

1 poblano pepper

2 (3.5-lb) spaghetti squash

1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces

1/2 tsp salt, divided

1/2 tsp black pepper, divided

1 1/2 cups finely diced onion

8 oz sliced crimini mushrooms

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp dried Italian seasoning

1/2 cup dry white wine

2 Tbsp tomato paste

1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth

1 (packed) cup fresh spinach, chopped

1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided

• Preheat the broiler to high. Char the pepper under the broiler, turning to ensure the skin blisters evenly. Place in a zip-top bag. When cool, peel off the blistered skins, remove the seeds and stem, and finely dice the pepper.
  • Reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Cut each squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Place, cut-side down, on a baking sheet, and roast until tender, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. 
  • Scrape the squash with a fork to remove the flesh in long strands. Measure out 8 cups, and hold warm.
  • Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high; add 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil, and heat through. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Sauté until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover and hold warm.
  • Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil to the pan, and heat through. Add the onions, and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, garlic, Italian seasoning, and remaining salt and pepper, and cook until the mushrooms are tender and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes more. 
  • Add the wine to the pan, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, until combined, about 1 minute. 
  • Add the cooked chicken, chicken broth and spinach to the pan, and cook just until the spinach wilts, about 1 minute. Stir in ¼ cup of the grated cheese.
  • Place 2 cups of spaghetti squash strands on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1/4 of the chicken mixture and 1 tablespoon of the remaining cheese.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

SERVES 4 (Serving Size: 2 cups spaghetti squash, 1/4 of chicken mixture (including 4 oz chicken); 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan)

CALORIES 349; FAT 9g (sat 3.5g); PROTEIN 31g; CARB 31g (sugar 13g); CHOL 65mg; CALC 179%; SODIUM 852mg

[/av_textblock]

More To Explore

Fitness Retreat

Woman was mind-blown by her first week results!

Finally See Real Results: Discover how Raine lost 8 pounds in just a week at our fitness retreat, where real discipline and effort forge lasting results – far beyond what anything else can offer.

Call Now Button