5 Ways To Help You Stay Fit During Winter:
It’s getting colder and colder outside. Christmas is right around the corner and your town may already be getting some snow. Feeling the temperature drop can make us all feel a little lazy. Before you break out the hot cocoa and snuggle up we have some great tips to help you stay motivated and keep fit this winter.
1. Avoid sugary coffees. It’s tempting to head to your local coffee shop day after day for the extra boost and warm sugary goodness. But instead of taking in all that sugar and caffein try a hot tea. Tea is cheaper and much healthier and it does a great job warming you up on a particularly cold day.
2. Eat the occasional sweet. It seems counter productive but lets be honest with ourselves: It’s the holidays and we are going to eat sweet treats. It’s just how it is. Instead of torturing yourself and eventually binging at a holiday party on snacks, pace yourself. Allow yourself a treat every once in awhile. Candy canes are low in calories and dark chocolate is much better for you than milk chocolate.
3. Ice Skating Getting out and going for a jog can be particularly tough when it’s cold outside. But if you make your outdoor cardio part of a funner, winter based sport, it can be extremely rewarding. Get your loved ones out of the house, bundle up and head to the local ice rink. Focusing on sports you can only enjoy during winter can help motivate you to get out and get active.
4. Work out videos. Live in Fitness, as well as running a world class weight loss camp, we have great online videos via FitClub.tv. We have great motivational, nutrition, and work out vids covering a wide range of exercises you can do at home with little to no equipment. Check out our YouTube channel for more information.
5. Swim If you have a local gym or YMCA that has a pool, swimming is another great form of cardio when jogging isn’t an option. It’s refreshing and gets you out of the house and back in the gym. If you manage to make it a weekly part of your exercise routine you can develop a great habit to carry into the warmer months.
As difficult as it can be, cold weather isn’t an excuse to be lazy. Save those snuggles for when the work is done. Get up, get out, and get going. Be person out of your friends and family who didn’t put on winter weight and looks better than ever.
Live in Fitness!!