Here is our recommendation for today’s lunch from the weight loss camps of Live In Fitness. Bring a piece of Italy to your home while you eat healthy. Andie’s shows you how to do it step by step. Watch the video and make it happen tonight. Surprise those at your house or maybe yourself.
- For the Sauce: Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add the oil and heat through. Sauté the onions, peppers and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and black pepper, and reduce the heat to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. Stir in the fresh herbs, and immediately remove from the heat.
- For the Sandwich: Split the baguette in half, and remove most of the soft center (to reduce the carb count). Cut into 4 equal pieces for sandwiches.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add the sausages and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a platter, and cover with aluminum foil; hold warm.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat; coat with cooking spray. Cook the onions and peppers until tender and nicely browned, about 20 minutes.
- To build the sandwiches, place one sausage on each baguette piece. Top each with 1/4 of the onions, peppers and tomato sauce, and serve immediately.
SERVES 4 (Serving Size: 4-inch piece French baguette with center removed, 3.8-oz Italian sausage, 1/8 of an onion, 1/8 of a bell pepper, 1/4 of the tomato sauce)