Holiday Recipes Made Right!
Hey FitFam, the holiday season is here and with it comes all of that fatty delicious Fitness Holiday food we love so much. We know you’ve been trying your very best to keep that winter weight under control but some times we can’t help it when everything smells so good!
Here are 2 equally delicious and quick recipes that will help you stay fit and not miss out of that holiday feast. Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Raspberry Sauce.
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1.5 pounds unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thin
1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
4-5 tbsp chopped Fresh dill leaves / parsley leaves
2 tbsp butter
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, uncover (about 20 minutes). Drain; return to pot over low heat.
- Add butter, garlic, milk, salt, and pepper. Mash potatoes with a potato masher to preferred consistency. Mix in fresh herbs (Dill leaves / Parsley Leaves)
Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding With Raspberry Sauce:
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
6 cups multigrain bread cubed
1/3 cup chopped chocolate
1 10oz package frozen raspberries in light syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray
- Pour sugar and cinnamon in large bowl; Stir and let stand 5 minutes. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Puree thawed raspberries with syrup in food processor. Transfer mix to a strainer over a bowl. Press on solids with wooden spoons;throw away seeds. Save sauce. Spoon 1/8 pudding into bowls. Serve with raspberry sauce.