The term Fat Camp has been around a long time. In recent years it’s become a taboo term. In reality there isn’t much difference in Fat Camps vs Fitness Camps. So you shouldn’t let the name scare you off. Most modern camps serve the same function: achieve the body you desire in the healthiest way possible. Here are 5 misconceptions about Fat Camps.
1. Fat Camps are for kids. Though the term “Fat Camp” or “Fat Farm” once referred to camps for over weight children this is no longer the case. The majority of people choosing to travel and stay in fitness camps are adults. Adults are making the choice to get healthier in a controlled setting together in record numbers.
2. Fat Camps focus on beauty rather than health. In the 1970s this was very much the case. Children and adults signed up for camps that focused on how to make you as skinny as possible in the least about of time while many of the time sacrificing the clients health and mental well being. This is not how modern camps work. Camps pride themselves on finding the best, healthiest solution for getting each person the help they need to lose weight.
3. It’s only about exercise. This is also not true. Though a large percentage of the time spent at camp is to exercise a big portion of your time will be devoted to nutrition and behavioral development. You have to get your mind and your eating right if you’re going to keep the weight off.
4. It’s like boot camp for civilians. Though it is important to push you to your absolute limits at times to get to that next level we will never shame you or bring you down as a attempt to motivate you. Our job is to inspire and encourage you to do your best.
5. It’s only for people who are over weight. Fat Camp or Fat Farm doesn’t mean FAT PEOPLE CAMP. It’s for people who have weight they want to lose and to become a healthier human being. People who aren’t necessarily over weight still frequent fitness camps to get healthier, stronger, and get the body they envision themselves having.
Remember the most important thing about choosing a camp isn’t what it’s called but that it helps you reach your goals in a productive, healthy, and satisfying way. Live In Fitness prides itself on doing that and much much more. Check out our testimonials and Youtube for more information on what we have to offer!!