5 Ways to Come Out of Your Weight-Loss Rut
5 Ways to Come Out of Your Weight-Loss Rut
7 Amazing Weight Loss Benefits Of Meditation
Recipe Of The Day – Crab Cakes – Cooking With Andi
10 Weight Loss Mistakes To Stop Now
Doesn’t it seem like, no matter how hard you workout or try to eat healthy, you’re just not seeing the results that you want? You push harder, read more, try to be aware, but nothing! Such a motivation killer right?
At Live in Fitness, we see people come in with these same frustrations…and then we see them leave a lot thinner and happier…and with the knowledge, tools and motivation to stay that way.
Here is some of what we teach at LIF to give you a quick jumpstart. But if you really want to drop the pounds, pick up the phone and give us a call 877-602-4863.
10 Common Mistakes to Avoid If You Want To Lose Weight
1. Stop skipping meals – Skipping meals is not only a motivation killer but a metabolism killer — you will gain weight instead of shedding pounds. You won’t lose weight eating less. Food is fuel, so make sure you get all your protein, fat, carbs and vegetables to help your body recover and give it the energy it needs to burn fat.
2. Stop practicing magic tricks – It takes work, focus and consistency. You can’t exercise one week, do a pill the second week, and a supplement or tea the third week. It takes dedicated effort and patience. Keep working hard and the results will last.
3. Stop drinking anything but water – Its important to keep your body hydrated. Water is essential in replenishing the body. Also when we work out, water is used to flush out the toxins in our system. Did you know that 75% of our muscles are water? Though tea, supplements, milk replacements and even juice are popular, nothing takes away from drinking H20.
4. Stop obsessing – First, try not to worry. Second, stop doing those daily comparisons between the magazines and what you see on TV, movies and social media pages like Facebook and Instagram. No one is perfect. If you don’t love yourself at your current size, you might lose the weight but will never feel good enough to keep it off.
5. Stop eliminating all carbs – Everyone who is trying to lose weight struggles with the carb factor, however carbs are essential to weight loss. Eliminating carbs limits your muscle performance and though you might end up slim, you won’t be healthy. Don’t leave yourself vulnerable to future weight gain. It’s bad carbs you need to avoid, like processed foods and sugar.
6. Stop not getting the sleep you need – You can’t exercise regularly, keep a job, deal with the issues of life and still think your body is going to function at its peak without any time to recover. Eight hours of sleep and a realistic exercise schedule will give your body time to recover and build the muscle, and you can accomplish a lot more with a brighter outlook with ample rest.
7. Stop doing the same workout routine – We are all creatures of habit if we know it or not. But the body can plateau when it comes to weight loss with too much repetition. If you are doing cardio, add in some weight lifting. If you like weight lifting, go for a jog or try a new sport. Changing up your routine will provide noticeable results.
8. Stop doing a million crunches – We have actually heard a million times that abs are made in the kitchen and not the gym. Your diet is crucial to having amazing abs. You can tone those muscles all you want with ab exercises, but if they’re under a roll of fat, the world will never see them.
9. Stop doing so much cardio – Similar to doing the same workout, you have to incorporate variation into your exercise plan if you are going to keep the same repetition. If you do cardio, change intervals, press harder and go faster. Make sure you change your routines often.
10. Stop avoiding the weights – Just because you lift weights doesn’t mean that you are going to turn into The Incredible Hulk. It’s not that easy to bulk up. Use weight lifting to increase your metabolism and burn twice as many calories than you would if only doing cardio.
If you focus on taking care of your health and keeping up your metabolism, a few tweaks in your exercise and diet plan can get your closer to the body of your dreams!
Below are some great videos to help you get started. If you want to keep going down the path to the body of your dreams, call us today 877-602-4863.
By: A. Lenise
Day 3 Exercise Video
Day 3 Recipe
You Can Jumpstart Your Weight Loss Goals In One Step
Recipe Of The Day – Pesto Tilapia
Live In Fitness – Weight Loss Goals