- Choosing the Right Adult Fat Camp Could Be the Biggest Decision of Your Life
- The History Of Fat Camps, And Why It’s Important To Choose A Fat Camp That Has Been In Existence For A While
- What Are Fitness Resorts And How Do You Choose The Right One ?
- What Is A Fat Farm, And What Should You Look Out For When Choosing A Fat Farm?
- Why Variety In Your Workout Is Important For Weight Loss Success
- Fitness Retreats: Better Than Trying To Lose Weight On Your Own
- Why Someone Would Decide To Go To A Weight Loss Spa
- Fit Camps – The Fashionable Way To Lose Weight And Get In Shape
- What Is A Weight Loss Vacation?
(And Why You Might Want To Take One!)
- What You Can Expect From A Fitness Getaway
- Lose Weight And Keep It Off
- Why You Can’t Lose Weight On Your Own
- Breaking Your Bad Habits With A Fitness Resort
- Fitness Retreats Can Help You Reclaim Your Life
- Meeting Your Weight Loss Goals
- The Benefits Of Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Retreats
- What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
- What To Expect At A Fat Farm
- Why A Fitness Resort Is Better Than A Traditional Vacation
- Why Do People Go To Fitness Resorts?
- Exercises That Really Work
- How A Personal Trainer Can Help You
- How To Have A Social Life And Avoid Temptations That Will Break Your Diet
- How To Stay Motivated
- How Your Mindset Can Help You Lose Weight
- Never Say Never – You Can Have Your Cake And Diet Too!
- Ways To Eat Healthier
- Fat Farm Myths Debunked
- Putting Fitness Resorts To Work For You
- The Weight Loss Philosophy Of Expert Personal Trainer Eric Viskovicz
- What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
- Losing Weight Step By Step
What To Expect At A Fat Farm
But, what keeps some people from taking the plunge and signing up for a fat farm is that they are not sure what to expect when they get there. There is still a stigma – mostly created by Hollywood about fat farms.
Some people worry that if they get to a fat farm, they will be subjected to drill instructors who will yell at them and try to bully them into harsh boot camp style exercises. They worry that they will be forced to live on lettuce leaves and live in a prison-like dormitory.
That couldn’t be further from the truth. Those types of fat farms only existed in the 1950s, and were discredited by medical science. Today’s fat farms are luxury resorts where trained personnel do everything in their power to find ways to help you lose weight while feeling better about yourself.
They are dedicated to helping you beat the bad habits that have caused you to gain weight and develop new, healthier habits that will help you stay in shape for years to come.
They will work with your body and mind to find ways for you to lose weight in the long term. You will be surrounded by caring people in comfortable surroundings. In fact, many people compare the experience of being at a fat farm to going to a luxury all-inclusive resort.
Everything at a fat farm is about you and your unique needs. We talked to the experts at the Live In Fitness LIFE program in Playa del Rey, California, and here’s what they said you can expect from your fat farm experience.
- When you arrive, a nutritionist will talk to you about your diet needs. They’ll learn if there are foods you can’t eat for medical or religious reasons. They’ll ask you what food you like and don’t like. From that, they’ll design a healthy meal plan for you. These meals will be cooked by experienced chefs and will be comparable to what you’ll find in a five-star restaurant.
- The latest technology will be used to find out your Body Mass Index (BMI) to gain a baseline as to how overweight you are. This will be used to set reasonable goals for you during your time at the fat farm. Over the course of your time there, your BMI will be measured multiple times in order to help you track your progress. As your BMI changes, adjustments will be made to your diet and exercise regimes to help you achieve maximum results.
- You’ll have a private meeting with a psychologist. He or she will start helping you realize why you became overweight, and what your current mental relationship with your body is. This is important because the biggest challenge most people face when it comes to weight loss is their subconscious mind sabotaging them. When you start working with your mind and changing your psychological relationship to the idea of weight loss, you’ll have a much better chance of keeping in shape. During the course of your stay you’ll have more private meetings with the psychologist as well as the chance to attend group therapy to reinforce your progress. This will help boost your self-esteem and realize that you are not alone when it comes to trying to lose weight.
- You’ll be shown to your own private suite where you will have access to the type of amenities that you’d expect at a luxury hotel. You won’t have to deal with roommates or cramped quarters. Instead, your suite will be your own private retreat at the fat farm.
- An experienced personal trainer will then do a physical evaluation of you. He or she will find out what you are trying to accomplish at the fat farm and then help you create realistic weight loss goals.
- Once you have been evaluated your trainer will help design an exercise program that will work for you and help you achieve maximum weight loss without the risk of injuring yourself. This will be a mixture of solo exercise routines and group exercise activities. By varying your exercise plan, you will get the best results possible.
- Once you have had all of that set up, you’ll start to make friends at the fat farm. Fat farms are all about creating a sense of community. Everyone there will be at the fat farm because they have the same goals as you do. You’ll meet interesting new people and help support each other when the going gets tough if you start to lose your motivation and focus.
- When you have breaks between your workouts, you’ll have the chance to walk to the beach and relax in the sun or take a short walk and go shopping for the new wardrobe you’ll need once you shed the pounds.
- At night you’ll have access to premium cable television and high-speed WiFi connections for when you unwind. You’ll also be able to access the online forums for the fat farm. This will let you ask questions you may have, trade stories about your experience with other guests, and let you talk to the staff if you need to.
- You’ll have access to a concierge who will be there to help you with any needs or special request you may have during the course of your stay. There isn’t much the concierge can’t help you with!
- Should you need to keep up with work while you are at the fat camp, you’ll have access to an high-tech business center that you can use 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The entire experience will be set up to be as fun and relaxing as possible. Fat farms know that if you have a good time while losing weight you’ll be more likely to stay on track than if you have a negative experience. Therefore, they’ll do their best to make sure your fat farm experience is awesome.
- When you leave you’ll be in the best shape of your life, feel great, have better self-esteem and be ready to take on the world.
That’s the real experience of today’s modern fat farms – they exist to help you live a better, healthier life, and have a great time while doing so!