- Choosing the Right Adult Fat Camp Could Be the Biggest Decision of Your Life
- The History Of Fat Camps, And Why It’s Important To Choose A Fat Camp That Has Been In Existence For A While
- What Are Fitness Resorts And How Do You Choose The Right One ?
- What Is A Fat Farm, And What Should You Look Out For When Choosing A Fat Farm?
- Why Variety In Your Workout Is Important For Weight Loss Success
- Fitness Retreats: Better Than Trying To Lose Weight On Your Own
- Why Someone Would Decide To Go To A Weight Loss Spa
- Fit Camps – The Fashionable Way To Lose Weight And Get In Shape
- What Is A Weight Loss Vacation?
(And Why You Might Want To Take One!)
- What You Can Expect From A Fitness Getaway
- Lose Weight And Keep It Off
- Why You Can’t Lose Weight On Your Own
- Breaking Your Bad Habits With A Fitness Resort
- Fitness Retreats Can Help You Reclaim Your Life
- Meeting Your Weight Loss Goals
- The Benefits Of Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Retreats
- What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
- What To Expect At A Fat Farm
- Why A Fitness Resort Is Better Than A Traditional Vacation
- Why Do People Go To Fitness Resorts?
- Exercises That Really Work
- How A Personal Trainer Can Help You
- How To Have A Social Life And Avoid Temptations That Will Break Your Diet
- How To Stay Motivated
- How Your Mindset Can Help You Lose Weight
- Never Say Never – You Can Have Your Cake And Diet Too!
- Ways To Eat Healthier
- Fat Farm Myths Debunked
- Putting Fitness Resorts To Work For You
- The Weight Loss Philosophy Of Expert Personal Trainer Eric Viskovicz
- What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
- Losing Weight Step By Step
What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
The problem is that there are a lot of fitness retreats to choose from. How can they know which one is right for them? What can they expect from a high-quality fitness retreat? What should they look for if they want to go to the best fitness retreat?
Those are fair questions – because fitness retreats are a fairly new concept, and so many have sprung up lately it can be difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.
This leads to the question: What do the best fitness retreats have in common? We’ve taken some time to look at many fitness retreats, like the Live In Fitness program in Playa del Rey, CA, to see what you should look for when you are looking for the best fitness retreat.
Here’s what we came up with:
- The best fitness retreats work with your mind and body at the same time. You can’t really achieve long-term weight loss unless you understand your relationship with your body. You need to know what subconsciously led you to gain weight, and what is psychologically working to make it difficult for you to keep it off. You need to know how to relate to your body in healthy ways, or else you will sabotage your own success.
- When learning how to lose weight, you need to build up your self-esteem. Most people who have become overweight have negative views of themselves and their bodies. This is reinforced by media images of overweight people being lazy and to blame for their weight loss challenges. The best fitness retreats know that your weight problems are not your fault. They are caused by a ton of factors beyond your control. Therefore, they try to build up your self-esteem while building up your body. They are not like 1950s fat farms that tried to bully people into diet and exercise. They make you feel better about yourself during the entire process.
- You should be given a customized exercise program by the fitness retreat. Everyone has different weight loss challenges. Therefore, there is no one-size-fits-all program for you. The best fitness retreats will evaluate you both when you arrive at the retreat and during your time there to come up with exercise routines that are right for you.
- Your exercise routine should also be varied. If you are simply given one type of exercise routine, you will reach a plateau and stop losing weight. Variety is an incredibly important part of your exercise program, and the best fitness retreats understand this.
- The best fitness resorts will separate you from your normal toxic environment. They will be set up to keep you away from temptation, so you don’t backslide while you are there. This is important because it will help you break the bad habits that have caused you to gain weight and make it easier for you to pick up new, healthier habits that will help you keep weight off for the long term.
- When you are at the fitness resort, you should be living in the lap of luxury. The best ones are set up like Club Med and other five-star vacation resorts. You should expect all of the amenities you would find at any high-class resort – including concierge service and all-inclusive packages.
- While at the fitness resort, you should feel like you are part of a community. Everyone there – staff and guests alike – should be working together in order to encourage weight loss and healthy living. People shouldn’t be competing against each other. They should be making new friends and finding ways to help support each other with their efforts.
- You should eat really well at the fitness retreat. The best ones serve meals that are just as tasty as those offered in five-star restaurants. The difference is that they are designed by nutritionists to be not only delicious but also very healthy for you. Then they are prepared by some of the most experienced and talented chefs.
- Being at the fitness retreat should be fun! If you aren’t having a great time while you are there, then you won’t be motivated to keep to your diet and exercise program when you leave. Getting fit doesn’t have to be a chore. In fact, it can be a really good time. The best fitness retreats understand this.
- Your fitness retreat should be set in a resort-type location. You should have easy access to the beach. And it shouldn’t be hard for you to find great places to shop once you’ve lost weight and need a sexy new wardrobe!
- Make sure your fitness retreat uses the most up-to-date exercise equipment and modern technology. All of the best ones do. Modern exercise machines are much more efficient than older models, and the latest technology makes it easier for you to monitor your weight loss progress.
- You should never be living in a dorm at a fitness retreat. Instead, you should have your own private room complete with premium cable and high-speed WiFi access to take advantage of during your downtime.
All of the best fitness retreats offer these services. Any that don’t won’t be offering you what you are looking for. The bottom line is that when you pick one of the best fitness retreats, you have the maximum chances of losing weight, keeping it off and enjoying yourself – all at the same time.