- Choosing the Right Adult Fat Camp Could Be the Biggest Decision of Your Life
- The History Of Fat Camps, And Why It’s Important To Choose A Fat Camp That Has Been In Existence For A While
- What Are Fitness Resorts And How Do You Choose The Right One ?
- What Is A Fat Farm, And What Should You Look Out For When Choosing A Fat Farm?
- Why Variety In Your Workout Is Important For Weight Loss Success
- Fitness Retreats: Better Than Trying To Lose Weight On Your Own
- Why Someone Would Decide To Go To A Weight Loss Spa
- Fit Camps – The Fashionable Way To Lose Weight And Get In Shape
- What Is A Weight Loss Vacation?
(And Why You Might Want To Take One!)
- What You Can Expect From A Fitness Getaway
- Lose Weight And Keep It Off
- Why You Can’t Lose Weight On Your Own
- Breaking Your Bad Habits With A Fitness Resort
- Fitness Retreats Can Help You Reclaim Your Life
- Meeting Your Weight Loss Goals
- The Benefits Of Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Retreats
- What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
- What To Expect At A Fat Farm
- Why A Fitness Resort Is Better Than A Traditional Vacation
- Why Do People Go To Fitness Resorts?
- Exercises That Really Work
- How A Personal Trainer Can Help You
- How To Have A Social Life And Avoid Temptations That Will Break Your Diet
- How To Stay Motivated
- How Your Mindset Can Help You Lose Weight
- Never Say Never – You Can Have Your Cake And Diet Too!
- Ways To Eat Healthier
- Fat Farm Myths Debunked
- Putting Fitness Resorts To Work For You
- The Weight Loss Philosophy Of Expert Personal Trainer Eric Viskovicz
- What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
- Losing Weight Step By Step
The History Of Fat Camps, And Why It’s Important To Choose A Fat Camp That Has Been In Existence For A While
The problem became so common that the medical community eventually intervened, and the fat camps were shut down. To this day, though, these types of unhealthy camps are what the general public imagines when they hear about fat farms.
But, doctors did realize that there might be a way to develop fat camps that would actually help people lose weight, while being healthy – and help them stay in shape for years after they left the camp.
Numerous studies were done by the medical community during the 1960s and 1970s about what kind of fat camp would achieve the results people were looking for, without causing people to gain the weight back when they left or put their general health at risk.
What they discovered was that people needed to eat a substantial amount of healthy food while engaging in a reasonable amount of exercise. More importantly, they found out that counseling the people at the camps to boost their self-esteem and think about new ways to think about their bodies, their diets and their relationship to physical fitness would be an enormous benefit.
Therefore dieticians, psychologists and nutritionists were brought in to devise safe and effective ways to help people lose weight at fat camps. One of their discoveries was that people would look at weight loss in a positive way – and therefore stick to it – more often if the camp provided a sense of luxury and comfort. Therefore, the once-spartan accommodations of fat camps were replaced with a resort-like feel. Low-calorie meals were replaced with gourmet meals. People who attended the camps were given access to psychological help to ease them into their new healthier way of life.
By the 1980s and early 1990s, these innovations were being implemented at new fat camps – and people noticed the long-term results. These new camps bear almost no resemblance at all to the fat camps of the 1950s, which were well intentioned, but misinformed about the best ways to lose weight.
These days, going to a well-run fat camp is very much like going to a luxury resort on vacation. The staff is dedicated to your needs and to providing you with physical and emotional comforts, while you break old habits that were causing you to gain weight and embrace new healthier habits.
The result is that people can now benefit from fat camps in the long term, and won’t just see short-term results.
Of course, problems still remain, and not all fat camps are created equal. There is so much money to be made in the weight loss industry that there will always be some bad apples in the bunch.
Since fat camps can often cost thousands of dollars a week, it’s important to make sure that you choose the right fat camp that will actually provide the results you are looking for.
One of the best ways to do so is to choose a fat camp that has been in existence for a fairly long time. You see, when a fat camp is not delivering the results they promise, word gets around and they tend to shut down quickly.
This doesn’t bother the operators, because those kinds of camps only pop up to make a quick buck in the first place. Beyond that, fat camps that have not been around a long time often don’t have that much experience in the realities of helping people create healthier lifestyles for themselves.
On the other hand, fat camps that have existed for several years tend to have proven themselves at places that are dedicated to providing real results for their guests. Their teams have dealt with many types of weight loss challenges, and know how to deal with them.
They are focused on creating long-term results and have a deeper understanding of what you need if you want not only to lose weight today, but keep it off in the long term.
These camps are well aware of the negative history and reputation surrounding fat camps in the general public, and work hard every day to prove that things are not like they used to be. They work hard every day to help people become both physically fit and emotionally prepared to live a healthier lifestyle for years to come.
That’s why it’s so important to choose a fat camp that not only has an established history, but understands the history of fat camps themselves.