1) Improve your posture. Do this: While standing, align your ears over your shoulders, shoulders over your hips, hips over knees, and knees over ankles. Keep the front of your shoulders open like a shirt on a hanger, instead of your shirt on a peg. Try to keep your weight even on the balls of your feet and your heels.
2) Think whole body exercises. Don't get so into your abs that you overlook your other muscles. Your core muscles also include your glutes and back muscles.
3) Obviously...examine your diet. You can do ab exercises til the cows come home, but if you've got extra belly fat, your strong abs won't show. To budge the belly fat, you have to look at what you eat and how active you are. In other words, eat less and move more, and spend your calorie budget wisely.
4) Set Realistic Goals. Your genes may play a role in your body's shape, but don't make that an excuse to give up and head for the cookie jar. Your goals should be realistic and focused on your body, not on some idealized image. Beyonce's abs may motivate you, but you shouldn't expect to mimic them.
5) Take things slow. There are no fast fixes. Even the promised quick fixes end up being temporary. Plan on slow and steady progress, and prepare for setback and even frustration. Rewards come with time and consistency.
Tips for flatter abs
1 reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users