No replies to this topic

#1 Cory Katherine

Cory Katherine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

I found this article and I wanted to share. There are a lot of bogus articles written about "flat abs in 20 seconds" and all kinds of other BS non-solutions. I like this particular article for a couple of reasons.

The first reason is the attention paid to DIET. I hate it as much as everyone else, but the truth is that ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN. You can have the strongest core in the world, but it won't start to look like a flat stomach until you're around 20% bodyfat. Facts are facts and that is a fact.

The next reason I love this article is for this paragraph:

Think “small & tight.” When training abs, think about your waist getting smaller with every rep. Focus on pulling your belly button into your spine and exhaling as you contract the muscle. Be deliberate in your movement.

I really like to use visualization techniques when working abs. I try to be really verbal and communicative during an abs class, because it's too easy to do crunches without ever really CONNECTING your mind to your muscles. The lower abs, for most people, have been ignored for years. You MUST establish the neurological control of these muscles using your mind before you can ever build strength. It's a mental exercise- FIRING your muscle comes from your brain. Gain control and connection by visualizing how you want your belly to look. You'll naturally pull your tummy in and fire up those abs.

Here is the link!
http://www.fitnessrx...my-secrets.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users