6 replies to this topic

#1 rnharding

rnharding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Thursday's are often tough for me, but knowing today was the last day before I test out tomorrow I definitely had a heavy heart. I'm excited to go home, but LIFE is such a safe and supportive environment that it's a little scary to leave. I have to laugh at the fact that I was scared to come to LIFE and now I'm scared to leave but that's all a part of the journey. Change can be scary but usually leads to great things :)

I had my last Boxing class this morning which was exhausting as ever. Next up was an hour Intervals class with Cherise which included long stretches of jogs, runs, and sprints. I'm still not a lover of cardio classes on cardio machines but at least now I know I can do it and push myself to get the most out of them, especially as I know how good they are for me.

After lunch I had my last PT session with Cherise. After PT with Marco yesterday my arms weren't really an option so we did lower body and abs. I don't know if it was me being sad about leaving or I'm suffering from Senioritis but my body just didn't want to function. Cherise had to keep pushing me for me to get through each exercise, but she did :) At the end, she had me doing an exercise where you hold a plank and twist your body holding a weight with one hand. I explained that I couldn't do a regular plank (knees NOT on the ground) let alone an exercise where I had to hold a weight too. As I tried to show her I couldn't hold a plank, I actually did it, which led to me doing a true plank for 10 secs, 20 secs, and then another for 30 secs. We discussed how I should end my last session and I thought doing the plank was the perfect ending as I had never done them before but she really wanted me to get back on Jacob one last time. My last session on Jacob, I lasted 2 mins straight so she said I had to do at least 5 seconds more....and I did :)

Highlight: Holding a full plank
Lowlight: Realizing this adventure is coming to an end

#2 Cherise

Cherise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

You are capable of so many things Robyn...don't ever sell yourself short! Keep trying new things and improving yourself! Be proud of yourself and keep it up!

#3 Cory Katherine

Cory Katherine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

We miss you around here Robyn! I hope that you're settling into life at home and enjoying the familiar things, but NOT falling back into your old habits. Don't hesitate to reach out on the forum if you have any questions or you need to check in!
-Cory

#4 Cherise

Cherise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Hi Robyn!

I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing. Fill me in on the nitty gritty (good, bad, or indifferent). I hope you are doing well. Hope to talk soon!

#5 rnharding

rnharding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Hi Cherise!

Life is good. It's been hard coming back to real life, both with food and exercise. Luckily I've got a good support group at work and at home that try and motivate me to do the right thing. I also still talk to some of the other campers I met while I was there and we try to check-in and re-motivate when needed.

I woke up this morning feeling re-engaged. Alex made me a healthy breakfast before I even got out of bed, I sang all the way to work wishing I was in Cardio Dance with Omari, and this afternoon I'm finally getting back to swimming. Maybe the solar eclipse sparked something in me :)

I might be in LA on June 1st. Do I dare sign up for a PT session with you after all this time?

I miss you and everyone at camp!

#6 rnharding

rnharding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

:)

#7 Cherise

Cherise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'm really happy to hear you have a great support group and that you and Alex are sticking with it! You must get a session with me when you are in town...you and Jacob haven't had your affair recently!! ;) Thanks for the update and see you soon!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users