• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jodowick

jodowick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

Nicola, Sye, and others - I wanted to give you and update. The surgery happened last night around 6:30pm so I was released around 10:30 last night.... A very long day! The tendon was torn through but it was a very clean break so the recovery should be complete and my current loss in range of motion is about as minimal as can happen - that's good, at least. I can start exercising again in four weeks - in a walking cast and as pain allows. Before then, i cannot have any weight on my foot (not even setting my foot on the ground when standing on the cruches!) At week 12, I should expect full use but will not be allowed to do "explosive movements" until after six months. (Sigh).

I am working through my new "business plan" and will send it to Eric soon... Would love his feedback as well as yours, Nicola. With any luck, I can try this again in 3 or 4 months and just have to deal with modifications. I feel like I can still have a great experience even while avoiding explosive moves. I'll start discussing this with my doctor in a couple of weeks so I understand what he'll want to see in order to know we are safe to try this again. It's very important to me to get back there and to have that goal out there. I want to be 100% safe about it but I also need to have the goal out there... Even if the date must remain flexible for quite some time.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate how helpful you all were. It was (and still is) difficult for me to deal with the disruption this has created in my physical goals but your support and caring have done a great deal to help me stay positive and focused on what I CAN do rather than what is not available to me. With your feedback, I look forward to figuring out how to make progress in spite of this setback.

Much love - Jody

#2 arleigh

arleigh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

Hi Jody,
I'm so glad to hear that everything went well with your surgery. Everything happened so quickly that I didn't get to say good bye or wish you good luck or anything. It sounds like you'll be able to come and visit us soon...I'm sure the time will just fly by. Make sure to do everything your doctor tells you so that you can come back to us as soon as possible. Best of luck with everyting!
Arleigh

#3 Sye

Sye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

What up Jody,
looking forward to seeing you back in a few weeks. Glad surgery went well and you wont lose to much range of motion. I know getting your black belt by your birthday is really important and i would love to see you get it. Rest up and take good care of your self so we can finish what we started. Again it is really nice to hear that you are doing well.
Sye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users