- Choosing the Right Adult Fat Camp Could Be the Biggest Decision of Your Life
- The History Of Fat Camps, And Why It’s Important To Choose A Fat Camp That Has Been In Existence For A While
- What Are Fitness Resorts And How Do You Choose The Right One ?
- What Is A Fat Farm, And What Should You Look Out For When Choosing A Fat Farm?
- Why Variety In Your Workout Is Important For Weight Loss Success
- Fitness Retreats: Better Than Trying To Lose Weight On Your Own
- Why Someone Would Decide To Go To A Weight Loss Spa
- Fit Camps – The Fashionable Way To Lose Weight And Get In Shape
- What Is A Weight Loss Vacation?
(And Why You Might Want To Take One!)
- What You Can Expect From A Fitness Getaway
- Lose Weight And Keep It Off
- Why You Can’t Lose Weight On Your Own
- Breaking Your Bad Habits With A Fitness Resort
- Fitness Retreats Can Help You Reclaim Your Life
- Meeting Your Weight Loss Goals
- The Benefits Of Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Retreats
- What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
- What To Expect At A Fat Farm
- Why A Fitness Resort Is Better Than A Traditional Vacation
- Why Do People Go To Fitness Resorts?
- Exercises That Really Work
- How A Personal Trainer Can Help You
- How To Have A Social Life And Avoid Temptations That Will Break Your Diet
- How To Stay Motivated
- How Your Mindset Can Help You Lose Weight
- Never Say Never – You Can Have Your Cake And Diet Too!
- Ways To Eat Healthier
- Fat Farm Myths Debunked
- Putting Fitness Resorts To Work For You
- The Weight Loss Philosophy Of Expert Personal Trainer Eric Viskovicz
- What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
- Losing Weight Step By Step
Fitness Retreats Can Help You Reclaim Your Life
Becoming overweight is a gradual process. It doesn’t happen overnight. Because of this, many people may not really notice how much is has affected their life for the worse.
But, the truth is that being out of shape can have a seriously negative effect on the way you live in very fundamental ways. In fact, your quality of life is largely based on how large you are.
Let’s take a moment to think about how being overweight may be keeping you from claiming the type of life you deserve.
- If you are overweight, you are far less likely to get hired for a job. Hiring managers show a strong preference for people who are in shape for a variety of reasons – ranging from insurance costs to your perceived efficiency. In this economy, do you really want to risk missing out on a job because of your belly?
- If you do have a job, being overweight makes it much likely to get promoted. Executives think that people who pay attention to their bodies are more likely to be trustworthy when it comes to their jobs. Overweight people also get lower raises than fit people – meaning that not being in shape may be literally pulling potential money out of your pocket.
- When companies decide they need to lay off staff, they often choose the people who are out of shape first. Is your job secure enough right now that you can consider this an acceptable risk?
- Being in shape means you are likely to have more friends. People are more likely to socialize with other people who look good. People who look out of shape are less likely to seem engaging, so fewer people will want to be friends with you.
- If you do have a large friend base already – probably from before you became overweight – you’ll be less likely to do things with them because you’ll get tired more easily. They’ll be able to hang out all night and have fun, but you’ll be ready for bed by 10 p.m.
- Eventually you’ll probably start spending more time in your home and less time going out. This is because you’ll be losing friends and feel less motivated to do things. Your life will become much more isolated.
- You’ll be more prone to depression. As it gets harder for you to get promoted and you lose friends and start spending more time on your own while making less money than your peers, you will become a very likely candidate for clinical depression.
- Your self-esteem will plummet. You’ll notice the way people look at you and be terrified to look in the mirror. This can lead to social anxiety disorder and a wide range of other mental health issues.
- Simple tasks will become difficult. You’ll have less stamina, which may mean that just going up the stairs or moving a piece of furniture around the house may become difficult. This will cause you to become dependent on other people or simply get less things done.
- Your health will be at risk. Being overweight puts you at greater risk for stroke, heart attack, high blood pressure, back problems, high cholesterol and a whole host of other issues.
- Speaking of which, being out of shape can put you at risk for diabetes. Can you imagine having to inject yourself with insulin on a regular basis and never being able to have a glass of orange juice again?
- It will become harder for you to focus and get things done. Being overweight slows down your mental processes and makes it much harder for you to be efficient.
Now that you know how being overweight can have a huge impact on you, your first question is going to be, “How can I get in shape and reclaim my life?”
You could try diet and exercise on your own – but this doesn’t work for most people. In general, they choose fad diets that are extremely unhealthy and cause them to gain back all their weight and more when they go off them. If they just try to eat healthy food on their own, they generally get tempted by unhealthy food and break their diet. It’s also very hard to stay motivated to go to the gym and if you go on your own, and you may hurt yourself because you don’t know how to work out safely.
What has been shown to be much more effective at helping people break the weight gain cycle and mange to get fit and enjoy the good things in life again is taking the time to go to fitness retreats, like the Live In Fitness LIFE program in Playa del Rey, CA.
These places help you focus on fitness, break the bad habits that have made you overweight, and get back to living the good life and help you develop new habits so that you not only can lose weigh today but stay in shape for the rest of your life.
When you go to a fitness retreat, you are taken out of your toxic environment and away from temptation. This makes it easier to focus on your fitness goals. But you aren’t put in a depressing, sterile environment. Instead, you are in a luxury resort with your own concierge and a full suite of amenities.
You’ll get to talk to a psychologist who can help you with any self-esteem issues that may have come up due to your weight gain. He or she will also help you gain insight on the psychological factors that have caused you to gain weight. They will help you learn how to have a better mental relationship with your body, which will help you stay focused and motivated to stay fit.
The personal trainers at the fitness retreat will evaluate your needs and come up with a unique exercise plan that will work for you. They’ll make sure it’s not only effective, but varied and fun so that when you leave you’ll want to keep working out.
Eating healthy will also become easier. You’ll be served meals that are not only good for you but are comparable to those served in five-star restaurants. They’ll be designed by experienced nutritionists, and you’ll get the recipes to use when you leave the fitness retreat.
You’ll also be part of a community that is all there for the same reason. This means you’ll be able to offer each other support and encouragement along the way. Our fitness retreats are not a place where you will feel ashamed about your weight. They are designed to help you make healthy lifestyle choices and keep the weight off. Our health and wellness retreats may just be the stepping stone you need to create a huge impact on your health.
The bottom line is that if you are overweight, it is decreasing your quality of life. If you take the time to go to a fitness retreat and get back in shape, you can get your old life back. If you are interested in any of our health and fitness retreats, contact us today!