- Choosing the Right Adult Fat Camp Could Be the Biggest Decision of Your Life
- The History Of Fat Camps, And Why It’s Important To Choose A Fat Camp That Has Been In Existence For A While
- What Are Fitness Resorts And How Do You Choose The Right One ?
- What Is A Fat Farm, And What Should You Look Out For When Choosing A Fat Farm?
- Why Variety In Your Workout Is Important For Weight Loss Success
- Fitness Retreats: Better Than Trying To Lose Weight On Your Own
- Why Someone Would Decide To Go To A Weight Loss Spa
- Fit Camps – The Fashionable Way To Lose Weight And Get In Shape
- What Is A Weight Loss Vacation?
(And Why You Might Want To Take One!)
- What You Can Expect From A Fitness Getaway
- Lose Weight And Keep It Off
- Why You Can’t Lose Weight On Your Own
- Breaking Your Bad Habits With A Fitness Resort
- Fitness Retreats Can Help You Reclaim Your Life
- Meeting Your Weight Loss Goals
- The Benefits Of Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Retreats
- What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
- What To Expect At A Fat Farm
- Why A Fitness Resort Is Better Than A Traditional Vacation
- Why Do People Go To Fitness Resorts?
- Exercises That Really Work
- How A Personal Trainer Can Help You
- How To Have A Social Life And Avoid Temptations That Will Break Your Diet
- How To Stay Motivated
- How Your Mindset Can Help You Lose Weight
- Never Say Never – You Can Have Your Cake And Diet Too!
- Ways To Eat Healthier
- Fat Farm Myths Debunked
- Putting Fitness Resorts To Work For You
- The Weight Loss Philosophy Of Expert Personal Trainer Eric Viskovicz
- What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?
- Losing Weight Step By Step
Choosing the Right Adult Fat Camp Could Be the Biggest Decision of Your Life
Worse still – if you are very unlucky, you could end up in legal trouble for choosing the wrong fat camp. For example, in Florida, dodgy fat camps were advertising that they could charge the cost of the camp to Medicare.
What they were doing was claiming that they were offering mental health services. When Medicare found out what was going on, both the camps and the people who had paid for them with Medicare were liable for Medicare fraud charges.
So, yes, choosing the right adult fat camp can be one of the most important choices you make in your life. The right one will make you happier and healthier. The wrong one will just leave you poorer and have wasted your valuable time.
But, what do you need to look for in a reputable adult fat camp? We’ve put together a brief guide to help you make as educated a choice as possible.
- Research the adult fat camp with the Better Business Bureau. Check out the BBB’s rating of them, and make sure there haven’t been a lot of complaints filed against them.
- Find out how long the adult fat camp has been in business. An adult fat camp that has been up and running for years is much more likely to be reputable than one that just sprang up three months ago.
- Make sure their offer doesn’t seem “too good to be true.” If they start talking about your losing 60 pounds in two or three weeks, they should not be trusted. You can’t shed weight that quickly and remain healthy.
- Find out if they have a focus on nutrition and lifestyle changes as well as exercise. You don’t want to go to an adult fat camp that is just a glorified gym. If you don’t address your eating habits and overall lifestyle, they won’t deliver long-lasting results.
- Check out their address, and make sure they aren’t simply a private hospital pretending to be a fat camp. This is what some shady operators have tried to do recently.
- Ask about their staff and the amount of training and experience they have. Some places will hire nearly anyone to act as personal trainers. That’s not good. You need someone who is not only in shape themselves, but has experience helping other people get in shape.
- Google information about the adult fat camp. Find sites where people have blogged about their experiences there, and see what they have to say.
- Investigate the accommodations. High-quality adult fat camps provide private accommodations and will let you have as much privacy as possible while you work hard at creating better habits.
- Ask if they’ve had a nutritionist involved in creating their meals. You don’t want a place that is simply going to give you a few pieces of lettuce for dinner. You want an adult fat camp where they have put the time and effort into providing healthy yet tasty meals that you actually want to eat, and that will work with your weight loss program.
- Stay far away from any adult fat camp that has attached itself to a trendy diet plan. Trendy diets don’t work in the long term, and any adult fat camp that embraces them does not have a professional attitude toward your well being.
- Inquire about whether or not they will evaluate you and design a unique program for your needs. Everyone has a different fitness challenge – you don’t want a place that just uses the same routines for everyone.
- Look to see if they have a concierge. You may need help while you are there, and you want to make sure your needs at taken care of.
The good news is that once you start using this list to narrow down your options, you’ll find that there are quite a number of good adult fat camps out there – and it will be easy for you to avoid the bad apples.