Have you ever had that great plan where you commit to eating healthy, to the point of having all your meals prepped…even planning your diet before leaving the house for your favorite restaurant? Then bam! You find, without even being conscious of it, you’ve fallen off the healthy-eating and exercise wagon and had to start all over? This happened to me almost daily, so I had to figure out where and when it happened and take steps to ensure that it wouldn’t happen again.
At Live In Fitness, our nutrition counselors teach that restaurants and grocery stores launch instant purchase and promotional strategies all the time, with the goal of getting you to spend more. They could care less about your health — they care about your pocketbook.
Here are some food tricks that they use to set back your best laid diet plans and how you can take advantage of them in your favor.
First Trick – It’s Free!
How many times do you eat food, sample products or take another helping at the meeting all because it is readily available and FREE? It’s not really free. Studies show that you can pack on almost 600 additional calories a day from wasteful eating. Before you eat anything else because it is there, ask yourself, if I had to pay for this right now would I eat it? Answering a resounding “NO!” will help keep your diet plan and your weight-loss goals on track.
Second Trick – We Want To Be Polite!
Have you been to that dinner party, family gathering where you felt compelled to eat what was offered? Or maybe you received a dish from a neighbor that you “couldn’t refuse,” because it would be impolite? Being polite can mean 400 additional calories, only because you don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.
There’s a solution. Before you attend your next event, let the host know if advance that you watching your calories so there may be a few things that you will skip on the table. If a neighbor or friend gives you something, give it away or throw it away. My grandmother use to always tell me, “It’s better to waste food than to buy medicine.”
Third Trick – Don’t Want To Waste
We have all heard that one of the worst things to do is waste food, because there are so many hungry people in the world, or maybe because it’s a waste of money to waste food. In either case, see Grandma’s advice above. If you don’t heed her advice, you will eat more than 1000 unnecessary calories because you feel guilty about wasting food.
So before you eat your next meal, break it in half and save the rest for another meal. The next time you go out, order smaller portions. If you body is still hungry it will tell you.
Fourth Trick – It’s A Celebration
Most people, myself included, stumble over this one monthly. Why? Because (especially in America) there is a national holiday (a.k.a. excuse) almost every month! People think that a celebration or holiday is a valid excuse to break the rules. They think that one day won’t matter and don’t realize one piece of bread with butter can pack on about 100 calories.
Before you go out or to an event, plan your meal. Know where you are going to splurge, how much and have a plan to burn it off. Also pick one thing. You don’t need to have the appetizer and the dessert. Remind yourself that you will always have another holiday to indulge again.
Fifth Trick – But It’s a Bargain
I know when I was growing up it was drilled into me to go for the bargain. I don’t care if it was extra toilet tissue or the super-sized fries. Who can resist? But an extra 16 ounces of fries can constitute an extra 250 calories. Also if have more food around you, you’re more likely to nibble longer. Before you are tempted to purchase the larger but cheaper option, keep in mind: “Pay Less and Weigh Less.” Make this your motto. If you pick smaller portions as a pattern, you will get the great cost savings over time.
Sixth Trick – I Deserve It
How many times do we make emotional decisions and completely disregard our goals because “we deserve it”? Unfortunately, a lot. Yes, it’s tempting to allow food to be our comfort, support and reward system, but eating emotionally is sure to not be in line with your plan and goals and will always derail your weight-loss success.
So before you are tempted to gorge your next meal, stop and ask yourself some logical questions: Why do I want it? What need is this fulfilling? Is there a better way to reward myself or feel better that falls in line with my plan and goals? You will find an answer. Here are a few replacement ideas: Spend time with friends, go out on a sexy date, rearrange your house, etc. …I’m sure you can think of a lot more, but first you have to take the emotion out of it and make good choices — the reward will be great!
http://www.liveinfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/leftovers-girl-crying-sad-disappointed-refridgerator-fridge-food-thanksgiving.jpg300400themepunchhttp://www.liveinfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/green-lif-logo.jpgthemepunch2015-11-18 14:12:472017-01-16 12:28:106 Food Tricks That Set Back Your Weight-Loss Goal
Doesn’t it seem like, no matter how hard you workout or try to eat healthy, you’re just not seeing the results that you want? You push harder, read more, try to be aware, but nothing! Such a motivation killer right?
At Live in Fitness, we see people come in with these same frustrations…and then we see them leave a lot thinner and happier…and with the knowledge, tools and motivation to stay that way.
Here is some of what we teach at LIF to give you a quick jumpstart. But if you really want to drop the pounds, pick up the phone and give us a call 877-602-4863.
10 Common Mistakes to Avoid If You Want To Lose Weight
1. Stop skipping meals – Skipping meals is not only a motivation killer but a metabolism killer — you will gain weight instead of shedding pounds. You won’t lose weight eating less. Food is fuel, so make sure you get all your protein, fat, carbs and vegetables to help your body recover and give it the energy it needs to burn fat.
2. Stop practicing magic tricks – It takes work, focus and consistency. You can’t exercise one week, do a pill the second week, and a supplement or tea the third week. It takes dedicated effort and patience. Keep working hard and the results will last.
3. Stop drinking anything but water – Its important to keep your body hydrated. Water is essential in replenishing the body. Also when we work out, water is used to flush out the toxins in our system. Did you know that 75% of our muscles are water? Though tea, supplements, milk replacements and even juice are popular, nothing takes away from drinking H20.
4. Stop obsessing – First, try not to worry. Second, stop doing those daily comparisons between the magazines and what you see on TV, movies and social media pages like Facebook and Instagram. No one is perfect. If you don’t love yourself at your current size, you might lose the weight but will never feel good enough to keep it off.
5. Stop eliminating all carbs – Everyone who is trying to lose weight struggles with the carb factor, however carbs are essential to weight loss. Eliminating carbs limits your muscle performance and though you might end up slim, you won’t be healthy. Don’t leave yourself vulnerable to future weight gain. It’s bad carbs you need to avoid, like processed foods and sugar.
6. Stop not getting the sleep you need – You can’t exercise regularly, keep a job, deal with the issues of life and still think your body is going to function at its peak without any time to recover. Eight hours of sleep and a realistic exercise schedule will give your body time to recover and build the muscle, and you can accomplish a lot more with a brighter outlook with ample rest.
7. Stop doing the same workout routine – We are all creatures of habit if we know it or not. But the body can plateau when it comes to weight loss with too much repetition. If you are doing cardio, add in some weight lifting. If you like weight lifting, go for a jog or try a new sport. Changing up your routine will provide noticeable results.
8. Stop doing a million crunches – We have actually heard a million times that abs are made in the kitchen and not the gym. Your diet is crucial to having amazing abs. You can tone those muscles all you want with ab exercises, but if they’re under a roll of fat, the world will never see them.
9. Stop doing so much cardio – Similar to doing the same workout, you have to incorporate variation into your exercise plan if you are going to keep the same repetition. If you do cardio, change intervals, press harder and go faster. Make sure you change your routines often.
10. Stop avoiding the weights – Just because you lift weights doesn’t mean that you are going to turn into The Incredible Hulk. It’s not that easy to bulk up. Use weight lifting to increase your metabolism and burn twice as many calories than you would if only doing cardio.
If you focus on taking care of your health and keeping up your metabolism, a few tweaks in your exercise and diet plan can get your closer to the body of your dreams!
Below are some great videos to help you get started. If you want to keep going down the path to the body of your dreams, call us today 877-602-4863.
http://www.liveinfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Biggest-weight-loss-mistakes.jpg300640alenisehttp://www.liveinfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/green-lif-logo.jpgalenise2015-11-11 13:11:062017-01-16 12:28:3010 Weight Loss Mistakes To Stop Now
Are you ready to change your life? Then it's time for you reach out and talk – we're listening! Just call us at the number above for a free fitness consultation.
Results may vary between each before and after and each client.